Taking us to the most iconic base camp of all, at the foot of the greatest mountain in the world, Mount Everest (8848m), this is one of the world's classic treks. The journey to Base Camp passes through Sherpa country and allows time to acclimatize before reaching the spectacular high altitude scenery: the incredible monastery at Thyangboche, views of Ama Dablam, Everest and other mighty Himalayan peaks.
- Two nights camping at Everest Base Camp at the foot of the Khumbu Ice Fall;
- Soak up the atmosphere at Base Camp as expedition parties prepare for their summit attempt;
- Walk amidst other iconic peaks of the world's highest mountain range;
- Visit the colorful hilltop monastery at Thyangboche;
- Climb Kala Pattar for a magnificent view of Mount Everest.
At the end of the valley sits the biggest glacier lake in Nepal: Tsho Rolpa. Along the lakeside, there are some wonderful camping places. Being just two hours away from the last village, Na Gaon, it is quite easy even for a first-time Himalayan camper to have an adventure here. Just make sure you take enough food with you, find a good spot that’s sheltered by the wind (there are plenty of bivouac shelters already made), put up your tent and enjoy.
- Spend two days camping by the lake, enjoying amazing sunsets and quietness;
- Meet yaks coming by your tent every morning;
- See colorful sunsets from the edge of the lake;
- Explore the route towards the glacier, which leads to the Tashi Lapcha Pass.
an experienced tour operator
Meet our team of professionals passionate about each corner and breathtaking pass of the Himalayas.
Standing as they do, proud and tall through the centuries, these mountains have grown to be an essential part of local identity, and make a mark to every traveler’s consciousness that stays for life.
Join us in one of our camping tours, sleep under the stars and meet the new day from the top!